We will provide a loving, nurturing and caring community rooted in Christian values, where all children can grow the strength, wisdom and perseverance to develop a love of learning and fully achieve their God given potential.
Growing together in strength, love and wisdom, we shine…
“We shine like bright stars in the sky.” – Philippians 2:15
“Be strong and courageous, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:19
“Love is patient. Love is kind. Love never fails.” – 1 Corinthians 13:1-3
“Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding.” – Proverbs 3:13
Our Christian Vision, Motto and Values are expressed through our school’s mission statement. We will:
- Instil a sense of wonder at God’s creation which nurtures a desire to learn and care for people and the environment.
- Encourage all children, irrespective of background or ability, to flourish academically and creatively thereby fulfilling their God-given potential so they “shine like bright stars”.
- Develop and maintain a constructive, purposeful and aspirational school environment in which high expectations of Christian behaviour and conduct allow all members of our community to grow in the image of God.
- Empower pupils and adults to develop endurance and resilience so that they do not lose heart when facing the challenges of school and the wider world.
- Help pupils and adults to develop lifelong values so that they can contribute successfully to their local community and navigate an increasingly complex national and global community.
- Be a Christian community where there are strong, caring relationships based on kindness and mutual respect, demonstrated through courtesy, forgiveness and reconciliation.
- Encourage all within our community to understand the true meaning of friendship, respect and compassion so that they can empathise and relate to those from different communities and backgrounds.
God give me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference. With the help of your love. Amen.